Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ice Caves with Daddy

I have a backlog of things to blog about! The computer power source died last Wednesday and it made it impossible to keep up. Anyway, on to the adventures! Wednesday Andrew did not have school for Veteran's day. Eric thought it would be a perfect opportunity to go hiking with Andrew by himself. Zane was still getting over that nasty flu bug so he was in no shape to hike. Special daddy time for Andrew!



I think it was a bit more snowy than Eric thought it would be. Andrew doesn't have hiking boots so he had to use his regular shoes. Regular shoes and sloppy snow are not a great combination. It would have been better if Andrew had his snowshoes but I guess he had a lot of fun even though his feet were freezing by the time they were done.



The older the kids get the more excited Eric gets about taking them hiking and camping. They camped quite a bit this summer which was great but Eric really loves to hike and it will be fun for him to have some buddies to do it with in the next few years.



I asked Eric very nicely to not let Andrew walk on the caves because it makes very nervous. I guess Andrew asked to walk on them and Eric said "Your mom will kill me if I let you, so no." Sometimes I am A-OK with being the bad guy!


So happy that Eric likes to go places and do stuff with his kiddos. What an AMAZING dad he is!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the ice caves! What a great Daddy Eric is! I am glad Andrew got some special one on one time. Hope Zane is all better!

Little Blessings said...

Zane is better now. He was quite sick though. Vomiting and diarrhea for 5 days!