Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hardwood Floors would be GREAT right now!

Eric and I really enjoy watching House Hunters. We think it is fun to see lots of different houses and talk about which one we would pick and why. One of the things we have never understood is when a couple looks at a house and has a problem with hardwood floors in the bedrooms. I grew up with hardwood floors in 90% of my house, including the bedroom, so it seems not strange to me at all to have hardwoods in where you sleep. As Eric and I have had more kids and as those kids have aged and become ill periodically I am seeing more and more the great wisdom in having hardwood floors.

Take this week for example. Zane woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. But he didn't make it to the bathroom. Instead he stood inside his room and threw up. And then was blocking the door so Eric couldn't get to him before he threw up again. Fun. So it is 1 am and we are trying to clean carpets.


Today was another fine example of where hardwood floors would have been preferred. Zane went to take a nap and woke up needing to go poo. He didn't make it and there was a trail from his room the the bathroom. Not very far distance-wise but far enough when it comes to cleaning it. So, as a word to those out there considering buying a home with hardwood floors in the bedrooms. Go with the hardwood. Much easier cleanup........ trust me.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Ugh! That sounds so awful! I hope you have a carpet shampoo-er!

Little Blessings said...

Yes we do. And it was used :)

Ms. Leigh said...

maybe when you guys get rich again you can put them in. I love ours, everytime I have any kind of anything on them I am so grateful that I don't have to wash it down. OH and not to mention dog hair doesn't get woven into the wood either ;)

I am so sorry your zane is sick. Poor little man. So do you guys put a bowl by there bed when they are ill?

Little Blessings said...

We haven't done the bowl thing yet because their first inclination is to come to us. I think it would just be more frustrating. I would love to have more hardwood. It is certainly something to think about.