Saturday, August 23, 2008

Andrew the Red Dragon

Today Andrew started soccer. It was super cute. The soccer program for U-6 in Lake Stevens involves a 30 practice and then a 30 minute game. I am very proud to say that Andrew's team, the Red Dragons, smoked their opponents, the Blue Sharks, 3-0. Andrew had one goal and one assist. He had a great time and it was super fun to watch. There is no strategy at this age, just mob around the ball and try to kick it. Hopefully in the right direction. I forgot my camera so I couldn't take a picture of him in all his gear but I will post one soon. New poll for you all to consider too. I don't know which is my favorite. They all seem fun to me!

***Oh yeah, I also discovered that I am now officially a "soccer mom" I already had the van and the hauling kids around bit down. Now it is to soccer practice and there is no avoiding the term whatsoever. Fortunately I am fully embracing it!

3 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

I am not going to say your a Soccer Mom until you are bringin orange slices to the games, then you are officially a soccer mom ;)

Little Blessings said...

That is funny because Eric insists that when it is our turn for snacks that I bring orange slices. I will reach official status then in about 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going to croak the first time someone called me a "soccer mom" but I guess that is just the next phase in our lives.