Sunday, August 3, 2008

Toothless Wonder No More!

Today I noticed that Lucy has officially gotten her first tooth. She has been working on it for about a week now and I am so glad that it has finally broken through. She has been really miserable and cranky (at least for her). I love the toothless look in babies but a sweet little tooth poking up is awfully fun too.

In other tooth news, Andrew told us this morning that one of his top teeth is hurting him and it feels kinda wiggly. I think it is the tooth that he damaged when he fell at Costco (he was 2 at the time, it turned kinda gray and the dentist told us that he could lose it sooner than normal). He has been given specific instructions to not swallow it if it comes out. Otherwise the tooth fairy will not be able to come and he has a super cool tooth fairy pillow to use.

This week has been super busy. We spent each night this week at our church's VBS program. Andrew got to participate in the big kid area, Zane was in the preschool (where I was working) and Lucy hung out in the nursery. Eric helped with the kids games and was generally helpful. It was amusing to me how scheduled Lucy is. At 8:10 each night a worker would come and find me and tell me that Lucy was requesting her mommy. Apparently her stomach is on a very firm schedule. I thought it was amusing and the workers were shocked. Apparently she would be fine all the way up until 8:10 and then practically on the dot she would start wailing. Since that was about the only time she was cranky they knew that I would be the only solution.

This week will be busy getting ready for our vacation in Whistler. We are looking forward to it but I have a lot of work to do this week to get ready. Wish me luck in getting it all done!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

That is quite amazing that Lucy is on such a strict schedule. I suppose it isn't that surprising since she made her due date exactly. That girl will be punctual!