Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic Dreams and the Michael Phelps Diet

In case you were unaware, Vancouver, Canada will be hosting the Winter Olympics in 2010. Whistler will be the proud venue for all the skiing/tubing/Nordic-type sports. There was stuff everywhere about the Olympics. You all should know that I am a devoted lover of the Olympic games. There is something too cool about being able to say "I am the best at _____ in the world." Maybe I think that way because I am in no way, shape or form athletic. I am very impressed with people who are. Whistler will have a medal ceremony spot for several of the events in the mountains and we got to see where they will be having it. It is amazing to me the years of work that goes into these games. I guess when the world is watching you have a tendency to put forth your best effort.

Here the boys are pretending to be bobsledders. (Crazy people by the way) The building they are standing in front of has all the information about the winter games. It had schedules, maps, photos, postcards, stickers and lots of other random stuff. It also had a curling stone. (a recent obsession of mine during the last winter Olympics. I sat and watched that darn sport for hours each afternoon) Those things are ridiculously heavy!

My boys pretending to be on the medal stand. They had CD's painted like Olympic medal for you to pose with. Too cute!

I have been OBSESSIVELY watching the summer Olympics that yes are going on right now. I love to watch the Gymnastics, Diving, Beach Volleyball and Swimming. Unless you live under a rock you have all heard of Michael Phelps. Well my friends, we were watching the coverage of the Olympics and in one of their little lead in pieces to a race they did an interview that asked Michael Phelps what he ate in a day. He told the reporter that he ate an astonishing 10,000 calories a day! And he still struggled to keep weight on. The fact that he swims for almost 6 hours a day certainly would burn it off I suppose. HOWEVER! Eric only heard/absorbed the 10,000 calorie portion. Now he has declared himself on the "Michael Phelps" diet. The goal: have a body like Michael Phelps. The method: eat 10,000 calories a day.


I think that he will be reaching his goal any day now!

*** In case you think I am mean, I did have Eric approve these photos prior to posting.

6 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

Looking at the podium photo, Andrew and Zane actually look the "average" size for there age against Eric. I think you are feeding them too much Green Giant Veggies ;)

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your most recent posts. Sounds like you had fun on your trip. I will be showing Chris these latest pictures of Eric of course. He was rather disturbed at the Slip-n-Slide picture so I think he will be equally disturbed with these. (Honestly, I think he really liked them though. He will probably print them for his locker.)

Anonymous said...

And for the record.. I did not approve any such postings of my photos. Although, I think they leave me lots of room for achieving success on the "Michael Phelps Diet". -- Eric

Anonymous said...

I think you're a sexy man. Keep up with the diet. I wish you were not married.

Little Blessings said...

You are a dork my Eric!

Kelly said...

Any man with 3 kids under 5 can't be that bad!! Though, as a nurse I can't recommend anyone eating that many eggs daily.