Thursday, August 28, 2008

The BIG 3-0!


Today I am celebrating my 30th birthday. The boys went and got me some rocking presents from our favorite place to shop Costco. I got a new set of Rachel Ray stainless steel pots and pans and a set of glassware. It is wonderful. I love them. Normally I would say that housewares are not birthday present material but I really hate my latest set of pots and pans (cheap non-stick that peeled almost immediately) and decided that I was done with the non stick world. I am going back to stainless where I don't have to worry about what I use in them. Anyway, I am keeping just a few of my non-stick frying pans for egg cooking and pancake making. (Not the cheap and peeling set) I love my boys. They are so good to me. (Lucy too, she just was sleeping during present time) Hooray for wonderful birthdays!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! I totally agree with you on the nonstick cookware. I am going to get rid of mine soon too. I worry about how much teflon we were injesting. Have a great day!

Little Blessings said...

My pans were shedding an appalling amount. It just didn't seem super safe and frankly the non-stick wasn't even working. Stuff got stuck on the pans like nobody's business and then I was afraid to use anything truly abrasive to get the stuck stuff off. Vicious cycle. I will have to give these ones a chance and ideally they will be the last set I have to buy for a VERY long time.

joanna said...

Welcome to the 30's club. I am glad that you got some nice new kitchen stuff. For my 30th I got a new vaccuum and new knives (both which I had asked for and needed). As far as pots go, I am thinking I need a really big one for when I make a double batch of soup to freeze... Know where I can get a really big pot? Kaleb told me to ask Mark Kronquist.(You laugh now but wait until those little Werners get bigger)don't worry your time is coming...

Kelly said...

I am patiently waiting to find out how your stuff did at the fair.... Post when you get a chance!