Friday, March 13, 2009

BRAT and a New Medicine

Zane has been sick with the antibiotics he was prescribed for his sinus infection. I thought that it was just a phase but it has been getting worse and worse and worse. I will save you all the super disgusting details but just know that there have been several full changes of clothing and hose downs because he had absolutely zero control. I will just leave it at that. After talking to my ladies today (combined there are over 26 kids from 6 moms) the consensus was that maybe just maybe Zane is allergic to the meds. Plus I have been giving him Immodium for kids and it doesn't stop the problem or even slow it down. I called the doctors office this afternoon and finally this evening ended up on the phone with a nurse for the walk-in clinic because I had never gotten a call back and didn't want to give him anymore of the meds if he truly is allergic to them. I was actually kinda annoyed that my doctor had not called me back after I had called multiple times that day. Anyway, the end result is that I get to push liquids/Pedialyte, no dairy and a strict BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and the nurse added in pasta noodles) until his tummy is calmed down and I am not supposed to give him the new meds until tomorrow night. I don't remember what they prescribed this time but it is a once a day thing and I have to wait until he is "firmed up" a bit. Poor little man. Eric finally put him in a diaper because he was having such a rough go of it. Plus I think Eric was tired of shampooing carpets. Hopefully my Zaner will be feeling MUCH better tomorrow!

No comments: