Monday, March 23, 2009

My Princess

Tomorrow we leave for Disneyland and a Mexican Riviera cruise. We will be gone for about 10 days. The kids are super excited and Eric and I are thrilled to be able to have some fun family vacation! One of the things that I find absolutely necessary when I go to Disneyland is a visit with the princesses. We went last year but Lucy didn't have a princess dress. The ones at the park are absolutely beautiful but they cost an arm and a leg. No way would I be able to convince Eric that Lucy needed to have one. So this year at Halloween time I found this Sleeping Beauty costume for only $1.50 (it was 90% off!).

I have been trying to convince Miss Lucy to wear the stinking thing for weeks now. She would scream and scream when I put it on. It was going to break my heart to not have her wear a dress in Disneyland on the day she met the princesses though. So! Yesterday I decided that I would try washing it and see if that would help.

Also this morning I cut off the sleeves that were super skinny and tight and net. They looked ridiculously uncomfortable and I though that maybe they were part of the problem. Lucy wasn't thrilled to be wearing it when I put it on her this morning but she didn't scream the whole time either so I am counting it as a success! I am taking it to Disney with us and she will wear it on Princess meeting day. Maybe she will decide to be a princess for me after all!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is too cute! I love the princess with a budda belly look! I hope you all have a wonderful time and return home to good news!

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute! I can't wait to see pictures! Have a great time