Monday, March 9, 2009

Little Blessing #4 Revealed

Today was the big ultrasound day. I have been pretty excited this time around to see another little person. There is something about seeing your baby kicking and punching that is just thrilling every time. It NEVER gets old. The tech today was very nice and of course asked right off the bat if we wanted to know the sex. I have no ability to be surprised, plus I had a clue and a guess myself so all I really needed was confirmation.

They start the ultrasound and look for all the major organs and body parts. Kid has a brain, kidneys, diaphragm, bladder, heart, 2 hand and 2 feet. All seemed pretty good. I have had some techs look for the sex first thing. I prefer that. Then I can sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the time looking at the baby. This tech chose to wait until the end.

My gargoyle!

Eric and I did get a glimpse (or what we thought was a glimpse) when the tech was checking out the legs and feet. We got a good shot between the legs and I thought "HOT DOG! She is going to tell us!" She didn't though and we had to keep waiting. After awhile she asked me to go to the potty because baby needed to move a bit for her to get the rest of the pictures. I got done and Eric and I both agreed that we saw a suspicious LACK of penis when she was looking at the legs but we didn't want to get too excited.


Finally she came back to the room and finished up (baby had moved, not stubborn like Lucy). She gave us all the confirmation we needed and a picture to prove it. We are having another girl!

For all you non-ultrasound people the three white lines the arrow is pointing at are the girl parts. A sissy for Lucy, won't that be fun!!!

1 comment:

joanna said...

Congratulations! So happy for you both. Lucy will have so much fun with her new sister and it will be great to get to hand down the clothes and toys. Really glad to hear that baby is healthy and that you are having another girl. You are blessed! I was thinking about you and just had to pop on to your blog to see!
Joanna