Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Shoes for Lucy

As promised, here are some pictures of Lucy in her new shoes. I have been waiting for it to get warmer to get Lucy shoes but she really wants to walk around and explore outside and I think it is too cold for her to do it in her little Robeez. So off to the Stride Rite outlet we went. I really have changed my thinking when it comes to shoes and babies. With Andrew I was chomping at the bit to get him shoes. Zane, I was interested but ok with waiting. Lucy, I wouldn't buy her shoes at all if it weren't so stinking cold out that I didn't want her toes to freeze!

I was pretty particular with the shoes that I wanted to buy my little lady. I did not want to get sneakers for her because I wanted them to go with her dresses. And I didn't want to get any patent leather things because they would be just to dressy for normal play clothes. (Eric would have throttled me if I tried to buy two different pairs) These shoes were a good happy medium.


The only problem that I ran into at the outlet was that they only had what was out on the shelf for sizes in these shoes. We got Lucy's feet measured and they told me a 5 Wide. And because the shoe had a t-strap maybe an extra wide. Bummer. Here I thought maybe one of my kids would avoid the Fred Flinstone feet. Not to be I guess. Anyway, since they only had what I could see they didn't have the shoes in the color I really wanted (chocolate brown) they only had them in white. But I really didn't like my other options of styles so white is what she got. Hopefully they will fit her for awhile, although if I have learned anything about kid feet it is that they grow impossibly fast and are a wallet emptying commodity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute shoes! We just bought Gillian a new pair of shoes...size 7!!!

Little Blessings said...

EEEEEEK!!!!!!!!! She is not allowed to be that big!