Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gwen's 6 Month Checkup

Took Gwen for her 6 month check today. She is doing great as expected. I normally don't have any problems or things to really talk about at the kids well child checks however I have been noticing something with Gwen that I wanted to talk to the doctor about. I have noticed (and maybe so have you) that not all my photos of Gwen have equal flash dots in her eyes.

I took some pictures of her tonight to try and get proof. Here is a close up of the photo above.

If you look close you will notice that there is a white flash reflection in her right eye but not in her left. I have been noticing it for awhile and I know that this can be caused by Strabismus. The doctor looked today but her eyes looked equal. That didn't surprise me since most photos I take look fine (like the one below) it is only occasionally that I see the difference.

Because of this we are going to take Gwen to an ophthalmologist next month. She may need to wear a patch for awhile or we may not need to do anything. I think I may take some photos in though for proof. Can't hurt, may help.

Other than the eye thing the appointment went great. Here are the latest:

Height: 27.25" (91%)
Weight: 17# 12.5 oz (80%)

Doing great! Although she is definitely starting to drop off the weight scale. I will keep you all posted on the eye stuff.

No comments: