Friday, February 26, 2010

Another First For Me


It is not super often these days that I have a new mommy experience. Unfortunately this is one that I wish I just could have skipped. Last night I was nursing Gwen in bed as usual. It was about 5am and I was pretty sleepy still. I had Gwen positioned on the outside edge of the bed and she had finished eating. I sat up to put her back into bed when she rolled right off the bed and went WHAM on the floor. She screamed and screamed and screamed! I don't remember the last time one of my babies have cried that hard. In all my nursing years I have never had one fall out of bed either. I think she was trying to roll onto her tummy and go to sleep. It was a rude awakening for both of us and something I hope never to do again!

This morning she woke up with a nice bruise in the middle of her forehead. It looks fine now and in the picture but she has been fussy all day and I wonder if she doesn't just hurt a bit. Sad. I love you my Gwen. Even if I do let you roll out of the bed!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh your poor mommy heart! There's nothing worse than our children being hurt, and worse when we have some guilt. I'm glad Miss Gwen is ok!!