Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Getting to Work

It dawned on me the other day that Lucy is going to kindergarten next September. Not that I didn't remember that she was going to be in kindergarten next year but the whole idea of needing to get her ready for school kinda jumped up and slapped me right in the face.

Because Lucy is still a baby you know. She couldn't possibly be headed to school. Nope, just not possible. And Gwen following her the next year? Oh my heart is cracking right in two even as I type it. They are growing up too fast. Lucy can't possibly be turning 5 in January.


So I pulled myself together and realized that I needed to kick the preschool work into high gear. I have a great curriculum that I have used with all the kids. It has a lot of printable pages which saves me the drama of buying new consumables each time around. And since I am doing the work with Lucy it only makes sense that I do it with Gwen too. She wouldn't have it any other way. She IS as old as Lucy you know.


Reid even got in on the action of the homework the first day. But that was just a fluke. Most of the time I try and tackle it when he is napping. It is just easier that way. I know I love my kids at every age but honestly, letting go of the baby age is a hard sell.

No comments: