Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Day Before the First Day of School

I love my kids and I am always sad to see the start of school arrive. Partially because I just really love summer but mostly because I really love hanging out with my kids. They are pretty amazing little people and I just enjoy their company.

Today however was a very long day.

I don't know if it was that everyone was feeling wonky because we just finished a 3 day weekend with Eric and it was a lot of fun, or if it was because school is starting tomorrow, or if it was just the phase of the moon, but everyone was acting CRAZY today. There was more pestering and fighting and just being obnoxious to each other than I could shake a stick at. I was about ready to string Lucy up by her toes and she isn't even the kids going to school tomorrow!

The boys were bored. And fighting. And fussing at Lucy and well, let's just say that I am excited for the school year to begin tomorrow. And I hate that I feel that way. But they are bored, they need more to do and school is a very good outlet of energy and friend interaction.

So let the school year begin.

No comments: