Friday, June 13, 2008

More feedings for Lucy


Tonight Eric took the reins and fed Lucy. He is not super fond of feeding babies. They are too messy and he spends half his time making sure that their face stays clean. I, on the other hand, do not care how messy they look by the time they are done as long as the food made it down the hatch! Lucy is kinda tricky to feed right now too. She keeps her tongue pressed against the roof of her mouth most of the time so you have to wait for her to bring it down to put the spoon in. It takes a little patience but I figure she is still learning how to eat. She is quite fond of her cereal at this point and now is sleeping through the night. Partly because of the cereal and partly because I finally admitted that she wasn't hungry in the middle of the night, she just liked me. Lucy wanted to nurse for about 30 seconds and then fell right asleep next to me. You would think this wouldn't be a problem except that I usually fell back asleep within the first 15 that she was nursing. :) So, she was spending a lot of time in bed with me not needing to. End result: Lucy got to cry it out. It started early this week when she woke up at 10:30. I KNEW she wasn't hungry. How could she be? She had eaten cereal and had nursed WELL at 8:00. I made her cry it out. She lasted 30 minutes and then dropped back off. Three nights of random waking and crying and now I have uninterrupted sleep until about 4 am. Then I figure she may be due if she wakes up. Sleep is beautiful. I can't believe how much I missed it!

2 comments:

Kaleb said...

Gabe loves to eat. He opens his mouth as soon as you bring the spoon. The problem here will soon be the grabbing of the spoon. Nothing slows a feeding down like the kid grabbing the spoon. This just shows that they want control. Tell Eric that I also like to keep the face clean. After every bite, I clean him up with the spoon.

joanna said...

Congratulations! I am sooo happy for you that you are getting to sleep again. You mention that sleep is beautiful in your blog. I am sure you have heard of the movie "Life is beautiful"? Maybe we could make a mini movie called "sleep is beautiful" it could be all about how much moms enjoy their sleep after prolonged torture of sleep disturbance! I am just kidding of course, but I am with you on this one! Gabe is doing better by sleeping in the living room in a port-a-crib. That way he sleeps until about 4 or 5 (most of the time), then nurses and back to bed. I am a happy mom!