Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Handyman Eric!

My garbage disposal has been broke for almost two weeks now. NOT FUN! Today we went and got a new one from Sears. Eric, my wonderful handyman, installed it for me tonight.



It was more work than I thought it would be. I (stupidly enough) thought that you just took the old one off and put the new one on. Presto chango done! WRONG! You must manually switch the electrical plug from the old to the new. That was the part that took the longest. Also, have you ever seen the inside of the tube that goes from the disposal to the drain? NASTY! I think Eric took 10 minutes snaking it out with a hanger. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! He has a stronger stomach than I. I think I would have thrown up! He did use latex gloves while handling it though. I think that was the only way he could deal with the slime. Traditionally, he has a weaker stomach than me.

My old nasty broke disposal.
(Notice the pipe, YUCK)

My new pretty and clean disposal
(soon to resemble the old one I am sure)


I would have lived without a disposal altogether but it was getting to the point where I couldn't even use that side of my sink anymore without a lake forming. So Eric fixed it. I love it that he can do things like that. I would have had no clue. Hooray for my Eric!

No comments: