Sunday, May 3, 2009

Big Girl Toes and A Baby Doll

Once upon a time when I was a mommy of one, I tried to paint my baby's toes. Since that one baby happened to be Andrew, a certain daddy came unglued and personally removed the paint. (It was orange! not even a girly color) Now that I have a girl I have been patiently biding my time until she got big enough to sit still and let me paint her toes. Last night that time arrived. I have been longing to paint my own toes and got myself this sassy teal-ish color of paint. Something about painted toes screams summer to me and I am guilty of wanting summer to get here quick! Anyway, I painted Lucy's toes and then held her hands while it dried. Eric accused me of wanting her to grow up too fast but I think it is just cute!

Could there be anything cuter than my sweet girl's cankles and painted toes!!!

My other argument against her growing up so fast is that Lucy is finally playing with the baby doll that we got her for Christmas. How can she be growing up if she is just now playing with dolls? She is so cute with her dolly. She hugs it and carries it around the house with her. If you ask her where her baby is she can tell you. I am hoping that when her new little sissy is here she is just as affectionate!

A little mommy adoration

Sweet snuggles from a sweet mommy!

Seriously, could she get any cuter!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am amazed at the paint job you were able to accomplish on such a little girl! I love her baby lovin' too! I am sure she will be an excellent big sister! Will just pokes his baby in the eyes over and over! Not a good Daddy so far!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love the color you chose. My girls just started painting their own nails a few months ago. Time sure flies.