Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Gap Toothed Boy!

Driving home from dinner at my mom's tonight Andrew starts talking about how he heard a snap sound while he was wiggling his tooth. He was quiet for a few minutes and then yelled, "I just pulled my tooth out!!!" Sure enough the baby tooth was finally out and a little boy tongue was busily poking through the hole. Fortunately Andrew had some napkins back by his seat so he was able to stop the bleeding with relatively little mess.

We got home and immediately had to get out the tooth fairy pillow. Alice made both boys tooth fairy pillows years ago. They have been sitting in the closet waiting for a reason to get used. Tonight for the first time the tooth fairy will be making a trip to our house! I think that she will be paying out a dollar. :)

The new window in Andrew's mouth and the baby tooth that caused it!

For all of my readers out there who are suffering through teething and can't wait for that nightmare to end. Just keep in mind that the pain and crying that you are enduring now will turn into this much joy on the other side!


Hooray for my big boy! Never to look little again!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

SO COOL! He looks ultra proud! I love that little gap tooth grin. That is a really cute tooth fairy pillow too! Hurray!

Ms. Leigh said...

So does he sleep on the tooth pillow or is there a special place for it?

What did he do when he found the tooth fairy came for a visit?

Little Blessings said...

The tooth pillow is left outside the door to his room. He sleeps way to light to do the whole sneak in his room bit. I think he was excited about the tooth fairy coming. He didn't say much about it though. Kinda anti-climatic. I think he was more excited to go to school and tell his teacher that he lost a tooth. LOL