Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Peddler.... Finally!

Finally, finally, finally! My Zane has graduated to a peddler. For over a year and a half we have been trying to convince him to actually peddle on his trike. Peddling (in case you are curious) is one of those skills that just seems to come or not come in its own time. It can be extraordinarily frustrating for a mom or dad to try and teach this skill. And when the toddler in question is extraordinarily stubborn and independent it can make an otherwise sane parent lose their marbles.


I was busy working on dinner for the mom's today when Zane came streaking (no he wasn't naked!) into the house to tell me that now he can peddle his trike and will I come and watch him. OF COURSE!!! I flew outside and sure enough there was my guy peddling down the driveway!

He was so excited he showed everyone that came over how he can peddle. They all oohed and aahed appropriately! I love it when my kids figure out something new. It is almost as exciting for me as it is for them I think!!!

Now to just get him using Andrew's old bike. That will be amazing and Lucy can have a shot at the trike!

No comments: