Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Once a Year Kind of Day

Andrew and Lucy have been sick the last two days. They both woke up yesterday morning with a fever (they have had other cold symptoms for a few days) and looked terrible. Well, I don't know why it seemed to rock Zane's world but he was a grump and a pest all day yesterday. On top of that the kids were all crabby and irritable and picking on each other. I think we have not had that bad of a day behavior-wise in almost a year. Plus it was rainy nasty out and I didn't want to go anywhere. And I couldn't send them out to play either. Andrew was bummed all day that he couldn't go to school and we made him lay down for a nap/rest to add insult to injury. Lucy was just grumpy. She wouldn't leave anyone alone but never seemed to find a groove to play in. Plus she took a short nap. Today we seem to be having a slightly better day. The kids are playing together. Zane is not making us all insane with his peskiness and Lucy is taking a decent nap. I am glad we only have those types of days every once in awhile. They are no fun and make me long for bedtime. Ideally we will be back to normal by tomorrow. And I will be reminded anew why I love them all so much.

No comments: