Friday, May 1, 2009

Size WHAT???


The boys moved up in pajama sizes today. I went and got some summer pj's in the next size up for Andrew and switched out Zane's pj's for the ones Andrew wore last summer. In case you were unaware pj's run in weird sizes. My kids have always worn them big but this time I think it is a little excessive. Andrew is currently wearing a size 10 and Zane is in a size 8. Now granted these are all even sizes and those tend to run differently than if there is a separation between little boys and big boys. Either way I think they are way too little for those numbers to be on the clothing but that is what fits. Andrew has been wearing the 8's (I have a whole second set of long sleeves and pants) but they are silly short in the tummy and the pants completely fit in length. As you can see the top is not all that long on Zane either (size 8) so I guess I guessed right in sizes. I understand that pj's are supposed to be worn snuggly (there are about 4 tags on each pair of pj's to remind you) but I disagree that they need to be short and have your gut hang out. Anyway, my 5 year old is wearing size 10 and my 3 year old is wearing size 8. Sound wrong to anyone else?

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Owen has just started wearing "big boy" PJs (ie shirts/shorts and not footie PJs) and 2T is almost too snug. He's wearing 18 months in regular clothes so it makes no sense.

Do clothing manufacturers think we have nothing better to do than be confused by their stupid sizing?

Kelly said...

I have William in a size 4 from Gymboree. Crazy! He's ONE! In children's place though the footie cotton pj's fit in a 24 months, so I like that. They have definetly gone overboard in the "pajamas must be worn snugly", I don't want my kid in a tourniqut (Sp?) all night!

Little Blessings said...

I totally agree! When it comes to sizing nobody gets it completely right! I think next time I move Andrew up a size I am going to get him some sleep pants and some Fruit of the Loom undershirts. It will be less expensive and less frustrating.

Kelly said...

That sounds like a good idea. I have always thought once they can wear boxers it would be just as easy to do t-shirts and boxers, or sleep pants in winter, with long sleeve t's.

Ms. Leigh said...

They should just have weight sizing instead of made up numbers.
Although Booker is still right on schedule for the sizes that are labeled. So maybe they just size for tiny babies..Even though it would seem the norm to be bigger since everyone I know has had a bigger baby at all stages.

Little Blessings said...

I actually prefer it when they do the sizing for the height. My kids are too lanky (shocking statement for Zane, I know) to fit into the stuff when it is based on weight. Although I have noticed that they seem to err on the side of liking stuff altogether too tight for my taste. It is almost like they want marks left on the skin to be appropriately snug. And that doesn't seem comfy to me at all.