Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Zane Milestone

Contemplating Change


Tonight, for the very first time, my boy Zane is wearing underwear to bed. What's the big deal? you may be asking. Zane has been mostly (9 days out of 10) dry for several months now. Recently I asked Eric what he thought about letting him wear big boy unders to bed and he thought it would be ok. Andrew was much older before he would wake himself up at night so it makes me a bit nervous to let Zane do it so young. I know several people who go straight to underwear at night when their kids potty train but mine either sleep too hard or don't have large enough bladders. Either way it would just work out to a lot of laundry for me to push the issue. Fortunately, Zane is Zane and is not in a terrible hurry to grow up. I first mentioned the idea of underwear at bedtime about a week ago. The answer was a resounding NO! Ok, no big deal. Not going to push the issue. It isn't like we were almost out of pull ups or anything. So I let the idea percolate in his little stubborn 3 year old brain. We have asked him a couple of different times. Still the answer was no. Tonight he was agreeable to the idea though and I am guessing that this will be it for him. Once he gets an idea in his mind the decision is done. Oh, it is so much fun to wait out my 3 year old!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a big boy! I hope for your sake it is very successful and you don't have many nights of wet sheets!

Little Blessings said...

Last night was a success!!! He has a bladder of steel I swear. The first thing I do when I wake up is pee. Not him. He will wait up to 2 hours and then still be dry!

Ms. Leigh said...

yea For ZANE!