Saturday, April 18, 2009

Planting Strawberries

Today we planted some strawberries in our front yard. I am not much into gardening but I do enjoy strawberries and they tend to take care of themselves. Plus the boys are very excited about growing something they will be able to eat and enjoy in the near future. First order of business was weeding. We had not weeded yet this year so it needed to be done. This was a perfect reason and excuse to get out into the garden and do it. The boys were amazing helpers. I may have some gardeners on my hands in the future!

Zane was agreeable to getting his picture taken!

Andrew helped me pick out the plants!

Busy weeding. Notice the grumpy look on my face. Weeding is not therapeutic or enjoyable to me!

Planted and ready to go!

The boys are hoping we will get enough to make jam. I am just hoping for a snack. I know they will spread in years to come. Someday maybe we will have enough for jams and jellies!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

NICE!
I don't think your face looks grumpy, it looks like you are totally confused! HA
you pull what looks like the weed then throw it away.