Monday, April 6, 2009

Lucy's Trip to Disneyland

Now I know you are all thinking that I must be crazy to have more Lucy stories to tell about Disneyland but let me tell you, this little lady made vacation this time around interesting to say the least. The day we left (Tuesday) I noticed that she was cutting teeth. Notice I said teeth (plural) and not tooth. Lucy decided that Disneyland would be a FABULOUS place to cut two molars and her last secondary incisor on the bottom. Eric and I stocked up on Tylenol so we figured we would be ok. She usually runs a bit of a fever when cutting teeth and the Tylenol takes care of it. And it seems to combat the pain as well. Bottom line was that we knew she would be potentially a bit crabby but nothing we couldn't deal with. Oh how wrong two parents can be!

The first day at Disney was great. Lucy was crabby but we gave her some opportunities to get out of the stroller and run around a bit and that seemed to help. Stayed on top of the Tylenol too. All was going well and she was tuckered out by the end of the day. Plus she seemed to really enjoy the mellow easy rides.

The second day at Disney I had her all decked out in her princess gear. She had pigtails and the super adorable dress. All was going well. She was kinda crabby but we spent a lot of time in line and held her and she seemed to be fine. No real fever, just grumpy, so I gave her meds and food. Well that backfired in a huge way!

After kicking around the main park in the morning we decided to go to California Adventure in the afternoon to go and see Aladdin the musical. We made it in and sat all the way in the top, second balcony, very last row. The show begins and all of a sudden Eric (who was holding Lucy) looks over at me and says, "I've got to GO!" I gave him a quizzical look and he said, "She just threw up all over me." As these words are coming out of his mouth Lucy lets loose round two of all the food (bananas and crackers) that I had fed her thinking that her grumpiness was hunger. And let me tell you, the girl had eaten a LOT! Poor Disney workers, poor Eric and poor gentleman sitting in front of us who got yack on his shirt (not too much though!). They all got to deal with the Lucy mess while the boys and I all sat and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Needless to say we went home after that so clothing could be changed and washed. Thank God for coin laundry machines! I started a load and then we all went to dinner. Hey, the rest of us actually were hungry! Although Lucy did throw up AGAIN at dinner. Poor wait staff at the restaurant! And poor Eric who got the job of carrying her back to the hotel! The last day we were paranoid about feeding Lucy so she hardly ate all day. I don't know that she was super hungry and she was really whiny crabby. But it is just one more reason why you do not see any photos of Lucy with the Toontown characters. She will have her shot at Disneyland again one of these days I am sure!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Sam's description does not do the nastiness that came out of that little girl. Further details available upon request. - Eric