Friday, May 30, 2008

Bike Riding and Bumblebees

Today we spent some time outside in the sunshine. In my opinion it was a beautiful day to be playing. Not too hot, not too cold. I am fond of wearing layers so I can cool down or warm up as desired. When it is too hot I just want to hibernate in a cool cave and the kids do too. So today was just about as perfect as it got!

After a little bit of bike riding (and some plant watering for me), the kids and I ate some Otter Pops. What is it about frozen juice in a tube of plastic that is soooooo good? It was nice to have a popsicle-type treat that Zane can eat without dumping 75% of it on the ground.

My Man Andrew!

Zane trying to figure out how to ride this darn tricycle. He isn't very good at it yet. I don't think the whole weight shift on the pedals business makes sense to him yet. He will get it though. I mean, he is only two!

While the kids were out riding I sat on the steps and took pictures of the bumblebees busily at work in my flowers. They are so cute when the are busy at work. I like these type of bees. I can sit and watch them for a long time. What is it about bugs that I like taking there picture so much?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Zane looks truly stumped. I think it is hard to figure out the coordination part for little guys. I love the pics taken with your SLR camera. They look so detailed.

Kaleb said...

Nice Pics. I like the one of Andrew. I'm with you on the whole weight shift thing. I've taught two so far and am working on the third one. I thought it was easy with Josh, he was a natural. With Kenzie and so far with Levi it's a little harder.