Sunday, May 25, 2008

One of the worst decisions EVER!


So I got the boys new toothbrushes and you are thinking to yourself, what could be so bad about that. Let me tell you what is wrong, they SING. Not only do they sing but they sing for two very long minutes. It is absolutely enough to make me lose my mind. I don't know why they have to sing for two minutes. I mean really, who brushes that long? I know I don't. I know my kids don't. I don't even know that two minutes is the recommended time by the dentist. It is absolutely crazy. The worst part is that I am pretty sure I have the darn song memorized. Picture this!

Their two, their four, their six, their eight
shunting trucks or hauling freight,
red and green and brown and blue,
their the really useful crew.

All with different roles to play,
round Tidmouth sheds or far away,
down the hills or round the bends,
Thomas and his Friends!

And then it repeats. Over and over and over again. The worst part is that since both brushes sing, you have competing tunes. They are almost singing in a round. It is wrong on so many levels. Oh yeah, once you push the button you are stuck listening to the song too. There is no turning it off once it has been pushed. Currently there are strict instructions at our house about when you are allowed to push the button. Let me tell you, permission is needed for button pushing and it is not granted very often. Sometimes I wonder why I allow them to own things like that since it means my sanity is at stake. Then I remember I love them and I have my answer all in one!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is just horrible! I hate the Thomas books as well. They are LONG and boring as can be. I hope to heck that William never has one, or it may have to become "Lost" and that would go for one of those toothbrushes as well!

Little Blessings said...

I don't mind the Thomas stuff anymore. We have the big collection book and so now it all makes sense. The movies always seemed so disjointed. But the boys adore him. We have several different sets of Thomas stuff to play with. It keeps them more than occupied and I appreciate that. However, I used to find them incredibly boring before the boys got into them too! I remember I babysat for a little guy when I was in high school and he liked Thomas. I was about ready to gouge out my eyes when we watched the movies. I think that I tolerate Thomas because he is quiet. (except for that blasted toothbrush) It is easy to love a toy that makes no noise.

Kaleb said...

Levi would love one of these brushes. He loves to brush his teeth anyway though, so why put us through the agony. I'm sure he would want to carry it around with him pushing the button continuously.

Kelly said...

I don't mind the actual trains, in fact I like those. It's just the books and movies that I despise. And now the toothbrushes.

joanna said...

This reminds me of a singing potty training toilet we once had (for one of the older two). It was horrible because it would sing when it was just the slightest bit wet and didn't ever want to stop (even once emptied out from recent use)! Needless to say, we didn't have it very long. Can't remember exactly what happened to it...