Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Putt-Putt and a little boy's hero

Yesterday we went to play putt-putt golf with my brother and his girlfriend Angie. Andrew has been dying to go and play golf with his Uncle Reece and we finally found a time that worked well for both of us.
We met up at Funtasia in Edmonds where they have a 18 hole course and a cool Fun Forest Ball pit for the kids to play in. Here is Andrew golfing away!
Zane even played, which was shocking to me that he had the attention span to last the full 18 holes. Of course he would hit the ball from the starting point to begin with and then on his next turn pick the ball up, move it within 2 inches of the hole and then putt it in from there. He isn't competitive though is he?
Happy Zane playing golf!


Andrew did surprisingly well golfing too. He even got a hole in one! Here he is celebrating!

Once we got done with the putt-putt course, Andrew and Zane went to play in the Fun Forest. There was a section with an obstacle course with a rope climb. Andrew kept working at it and finally managed to get up the rope and over the top. He was quite proud of himself.

Two happy boys in a ball pit!

Lucy spent the day sitting around and looking cute as usual. She got a little bored in her seat but was totally content when she was out being held. I think she was a bit too small for the ball pit yet!

After all the fun at Funtasia, we went out to dinner at Red Robin. Andrew insisted on sitting next to his Uncle Reecie. He has such a little boy crush on my brother. Everywhere we went he wanted to be by Reece. Reece does really well with it. He sits and listens to him and thinks that it is fun to play with him too. This hero business is pretty new to all of us. It wasn't until Lucy's dedication that we realized just how much Andrew adored Reece. Andrew insisted on sitting right next to him the whole time and Reece was all Andrew could talk about for days before hand. I just think it is too sweet!

4 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

I love that Andrew has a hero! And reece is a pretty good guy to look up to... and I am sure when he gets older a pretty good guy to confide in ;)

Kelly said...

Wow, Molly isn't the only one who grew up! Reece is a guy now! I think it is so sweet how much he loves him. I think Will will end up that way about Patrick. If Patricks 3 kids let Will get near him.... I like that Fun Forest place, I went there as a nanny years ago a few times.

Kaleb said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We played a little putt-putt ourselves this weekend while camping.

joanna said...

Cute photos, we did putt-putt this weekend while camping. Levi was kind of interested but mostly wanted to hike up and down the obstacles (it is a very laid back place). Kaleb let me play while he held Gabe and i had a few hole in ones myself! Also, I left a comment on your shopping one that I just saw today...