Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sprinkler Fun!


Today it was hot. Not just warm for Washington but flat out HOT!!! The temperature at the front of my house this afternoon was 95. That is right 95!!!! It is never that hot here. I think that Eric looked online and the official temp for Lake Stevens was 93. Either way it was way to warm to be moving unless you were playing in a pool or sprinkler. Since all of our kiddie pools sprung holes this last summer the sprinkler was what was left. The boys had a good time though. They ran through the water and proclaimed it cold. They asked me to turn it up like the shower. I told them to suck it up and deal with it. It had to feel good. If I didn't have to fix dinner I would have been running through it myself. Eric actually woke up from his nap and ran through it with the boys. They thought that part was fun. I think that the sprinkler will be a key part to our summer this year. Andrew is finally old enough that he isn't throwing a fit when the water gets into his eyes. Zane is still working on it. I know that I always want the heat but we could have eased into it a little bit. Three days ago it was in the mid 60's and today it was in the 90's. Crazy! Especially since tomorrow it is supposed to be back down into the 60's. Unpredictable weather. Something to either love or hate in Western Washington.

Oh yeah, check out the ab lines on Zane. Under that pudgy toddler tummy I think he may actually be quite buff. He will be my little stud muffin. Plus, I swear that I could actually see his ribs when he was running and playing today. I don't know that he will ever thin out as much as Andrew but I have hope for him to just be one of those big boned kinda people! Kinda like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I'll be back!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love sprinklers. I can't believe it got that hot! I'm not sure what kind of clothes to bring for Will when we come up next month. I'm not used to the idea of Washington being over 90! The boys look like they had tons of fun. You could always let Zane wear goggles in the sprinkler to keep the water out of his eyes.