Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The End of an Era

Today was my last day with all preschool age children. Tomorrow Andrew will start kindergarten and I am really excited for him and a little bit sad for me. I will put my baby on the bus for school and then get to stew for 3 hours until he is home again with me. I know he will have a great time but I anticipate a morning filled with pins and needles for me. Tomorrow will also begin the era of the alarm clock for me. Until this point I have been happily sleeping until my little people wake me up each morning. No longer the case. I will be on a schedule just like when I was working. I suppose I should have been doing the alarm clock thing all along. I certainly would have been getting more done in the morning. Just chilling in the morning was so much easier though! Anyway, so long! farewell! to my days of little ones only. Let the school years begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Andrew's first day of school. I know how emotional it can be. They really do grow up too fast!

joanna said...

Can't wait to hear about Andrew's first day of school! Who did he get for a teacher? I am sure you got some great photos of him leaving on the bus.

Kelly said...

I am sooo excited for Andrew! I loved Kindergarten! I am sure it is weird to do the alarm clock thing again. I am loving not doing it for the first time in my life. I can't wait to hear all about it!