Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kindergartener at Last

Today was Andrew's very first day of kindergarten. Andrew woke up this morning excited to get on the bus and go to school. I was a bit nervous and unsure. 8:20 came around and out we headed for the bus stop. Our bus stop is right down the street so there is no worry about having to cross the street in the morning. All too soon the bus arrived and on it went Andrew. I managed to not freak out and wave him away with a smile.

After Andrew got on the bus Zane flipped out. He wanted to get on the bus too. Eric and I informed him that he had to be potty trained first. Anything to get that kid to use the bathroom!

Andrew made it home this afternoon just fine. I knew he would but it still felt like forever until he was back home. He had lots of information to share, including that when you want to talk you have to raise your hand. I guess the basics never change! Now I just have to get up and repeat this scenario tomorrow and the next day and so on until he is all grown up. Sigh..... I wish the baby years wouldn't go by quite so fast!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! I forgot about hand raising. Do they still say the pledge? He looks so little to be going to school. I guess we looked that little to our parents. I hope this gives Zane the push he needs to potty train! I like his back pack in the picture, you can tell he is dying to be like his big brother! I will try and make a point today to cherish Pudd, since all too soon he will be off to school!

Little Blessings said...

I asked him about the pledge and I think that they did it. I heard a lot about recess and snack time. Plus he gets to sit at the RED table which is his favorite color so he is in seventh heaven there!

Ms. Leigh said...

I love that he tells you all about his day, someday it will be the....
Nothing, Fine, It was alright.... kind of info. UGH!

That is far off still though! Whew

Little Blessings said...

My goal is to avoid those types of conversations. I learned with Crystal sometimes not asking got a whole lot more info than probing for details. They important stuff just kind of slipped out and then we talked about it. I think when you don't make a big deal of all the junk then they feel more inclined to share.

Kelly said...

I think you do have to use reverse psychology when they reach those teenage years. Act like you don't care that much and then they will open up. And, you have to accept as a parent that there is a lot you will never know about. I think we all had some of those secrets from our parents.

Little Blessings said...

I am sure that they will have secrets. I know Crystal had secrets from me. I think she was a little worried I would freak out. The big secret was a boyfriend. When it finally came out (after they broke up) I was like no big deal. The next time she had a boyfriend she was much more forthcoming with information. Although I am not disillusioning myself that she had told me even half of everything.