Monday, September 15, 2008

Snaggletooth Sister

Lucy seems destined to be a snaggletooth sister. She is currently cutting teeth on top. But they are not the middle teeth, they are the secondary incisors. She is going to look a bit ridiculous. Kinda like when you lose your teeth in 2nd grade and are unable to eat corn for about 6 months. Lucy also seems to not have quite the pain tolerance level that the boys did. Eric and I were treated to an hour long crying jag at 2 am last night. We gave her tylenol, oragel and I nursed her. Nothing seemed to immediately help. Eric held her in her room for about an hour and then tried to put her back down. No luck. She immediately started screaming again. I had him bring her in our room and I put her on my chest and she fell asleep within about 5 minutes. She was pretty worked up though. Her little back was heaving like she had cried for an hour. (I guess since she had that would make sense though) Eric was quite disgusted that I was able to calm her down so quickly. I think the tylenol can take most of the credit. Eric moved her back to her crib later in the night and she settled right back down. I could do without another one of those nights though. They are absolutely no fun!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Poor baby! We are just now getting back on track after the first two teeth cut through. He finallay slept 10.5 hours last night after about 3 weeks of waking 3 times a night! She is old enough that you can try Infant's Ibuprofen now, that lasts 8 hours instead of tylenol just lasting 4-6. It's so funny when they get them in a weird order, they look quite comical!

Little Blessings said...

I think she is trying to sport the vampire look for Halloween!

joanna said...

I hope she feels better soon! That sounds like a really looonnggg night for all of you. Hang in there!
Joanna