Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Characters!

I have a rule about Halloween Costumes. They must be worn for 2 years. That way I feel like my money has been well spent. It is crazy how expensive they are! Anyway, this year was Andrew's turn for a new costume. He wanted Batman. I think he looks adorable in his fake buffness!

Zane got to be the froggie this year. It was funny, everyone seemed to think he was cute but half of the people thought he was a girl. Hmmmm..... that seems a little odd to me. I don't think he looks anything like a girl.

Lucy was a hydrangea plant. While out trick or treating she got very little notice. She was in her stroller, but when we went to church she was quite the hit. I got the costume from Joanna. Her mother-in-law had made it for her daughter lots of years ago. Now we got to benefit from it which I think is fantastic! Super cute and just the right price! Several houses asked me if I didn't want candy for the baby. Huh? No I don't want candy for her, it just means there will be more for me to eat!

My three characters!

I was so excited that Eric was home last night! He has had to work the past few Halloweens and it means I get to do a ton of work. This year at least the boys would mostly go up to the doors by themselves unless the house was super scary. It just made it so much easier to have someone with Lucy in the stroller and someone with the boys.

Finally, I got an outfit this year. It has been many, many years since I have dressed up as anything. I found this bee costume and I thought it worked well! It was super warm and easy to put on in the chaos of getting ready. All day I wore my black pants and black top and looked all cat burglar-ish. It was fun though and you will probably be seeing me as a bee for years to come!

Hope you had a great Halloween!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes! It looks like everyone had a nice time!

Kelly said...

I love Lucy's outfit! Zane doesn't look like a girl, I wonder why people thought that? I love the Bee outfit, and it makes sense with Lucy as a flower. Except she's the one drinking "nectar" off you!

Chris and Mandy said...

You guys look great! Glad Eric was able to stay home too.

joanna said...

Your whole family looked great! I missed seeing everyone last night. I am feeling better today, have been taking allergy medicine non-stop and some ibuprofen. Lucy looked beautiful as a hydrangea! I am so glad it got to be used again. Thanks again for the monkey costume, he had a great time! Zane a girl? I don't think so! That is pretty funny, though.
I am sorry again that I wasn't there to hold down the fort last night at church. I guess that made you one "busy bee" for the evening (sorry but I couldn't resist the pun). Thanks again!
Joanna