Friday, October 24, 2008

Off to the Pumpkin Patch!

Today we went to Carleton Farms to get some pumpkins. We try to go each year and the kids really look forward to it. It is always amazing to me how they remember these events AND I find it even more amazing that the last time I went to a pumpkin patch I was 7 months pregnant with Lucy and Crystal was with us. The kids had a lot of fun even though they have terrible sounding coughs. I felt kinda bad about it because they sound terrible and I am sure everyone is wondering why I am taking my plague-ridden kids out in public. Andrew went to school today though so I felt he was well enough to pumpkin patch if he was well enough for school.



Zane was in what can only be described as "a mood." I had to threaten him with no pumpkin to get some pictures of him. It makes for a totally rough trip when he is in acting like that!



Lucy thought the whole thing was fun and she LOVED the tractors. Every time one drove by she about broke her neck trying to watch it.



Andrew was by far the most excited one with the pumpkin patch. His school class went a few weeks ago and they got to take home a pumpkin. Andrew kept asking Eric, who went as a chaperon, if he could bring home one for each of us. So Eric promised that we would be coming to get our own pumpkins a different day. That seemed to appease him but we knew we were going to have to follow through our he was going to be super disappointed.


A very happy boy!


Two cutie pies at the pumpkin patch!

But the real question is What did we do with all our pumpkins?.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

joanna said...

Very cute family photo at the pumpkin patch!