Friday, October 3, 2008

Not Sick, Growing Perhaps?


Zane recently gave up all napping (unfortunately). He is finding it extremely difficult to stay up until bedtime this week though which is new since the naps went. We were fine until bedtime for about a month. Now if he sits down and relaxes at all I find him asleep before 7 pm. Bedtime for the kids is between 7:30 and 8 most nights depending on when baths get done. I have been taking him upstairs when he drops off on the couch and changing him, putting on the pj's and then putting him in bed. He is always awake when I put him down but he goes right to sleep. I don't hear a peep out of him. I am trying to decide if it is the no napping, a growth spurt, the change of seasons or some weird combination of the three that is causing all this early to bed stuff. He has been eating like a tank which is usually a give away for growing in my family. Believe it or not Zane is actually a pretty light eater. Especially in comparison to Andrew. He has always been able to pack away the greater quantity of groceries. Anyway, I know he isn't sick. He isn't acting sick at all. What do you all think? Oh yeah, I periodically will find him asleep in the house too in the afternoon or in the car if we go somewhere long enough. But of course I can't convince him to take a nap anymore.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Maybe you need to institute a Rest Time. That way he may or may not fall asleep, but he has some down time. And YOU do to!

Little Blessings said...

I have tried that with him and it ends up being a huge fight. It is unfortunate. Although Eric and both are pretty sure he is just growing. He ate 3 pieces of pizza for lunch today and choice eating over playing with his brother at the restaurant. Not typical behavior at all for him!

joanna said...

Josh napped until he was almost 4, he did have a time when he didn't nap and then went back to napping when he was growing. I would just put him to bed early (7 if you are home) and if he falls asleep then he probably needs that extra rest. Levi is kind of trying to kick his nap, too, which I am not very happy about.
I think you are right on about the growing... all that eating and sleeping ... he is just going to be a very tall and strong boy!