Sunday, October 19, 2008

One Week of Laundry for 5


I thought you would be amused to see how much laundry I do in one week. It usually works out to be somewhere around 6 loads. I definitely makes for a full day. I know I am kinda strange in that I would rather do all my laundry at once rather than spread it out over a whole week. My mom prefers to do a little bit at a time but that makes me crazy. I think it is mostly because I hate putting the laundry away, especially hanging up clothes. I don't mind putting it in the machines or even folding it. But putting it away is my least favorite thing to do so I condense it as much as possible. It is nice that now the boys are big/old enough to carry there laundry upstairs and put it away in their proper drawers. That just leaves me responsible for Eric, Lucy and myself. Oh and all the general use stuff like towel and washcloths. Now if I could only convince Eric that he should be responsible for all the putting away of clean clothes, laundry wouldn't be a chore at all!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree on the once a week laundry marathon. That's how we do it, and then I do diapers 3 times a week. Eric needs to put his stuff away,Jason does almost all the laundry except the diapers. But Eric works nights and every one deserves extra points for that!

joanna said...

Yikes! I am glad this works for you... we'd be buried, between the sports stuff for both kids' weekday practices and cloth diapers, bedding, towels, etc, I have to wash everyday. I do hate folding so sometimes I put that off. I do 2-3 loads most days, but I am able to skip a day sometimes.
Occassionally Kaleb helps me fold, but I don't expect him to. I'm home and he isn't home that much to do it. The kids put away their own laundry and of course bring their dirty laundry to the bin. Sometimes they rotate it but mostly the job is Mom's (they help in other areas of cleaning). Laundry is probably my least favorite chore!

Ms. Leigh said...

I am a once a weeker too. And for us we both do it depending on who ever gets to it first. Although Travis will never actually put the laundry away. That is somehow always my job!

Anonymous said...

I like Joanna's style of not expecting Kaleb to help. I think you should let Eric off the hook. The man is worked to the bones. He's a good man and should not be burdened with household chores.

-Concerned for Eric's health

Little Blessings said...

Mr. Concerned should do his share. Either that or he will always have wrinkly clothing!