Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random News

I felt like I should give you the quick and brief update on what the kids have been doing lately. Andrew has been busy with his kindergarten. I have been helping out in his class on Tuesday morning and I really like his teacher. She has WAY too much energy but I guess that is what makes a good kindergarten teacher. They have to have almost even more energy than the kids. Anyway, he is having a great time in class. There will be a trip to the pumpkin farm next week and he is very excited about it. Also today was picture day and I am really hoping they turned out great. I mean, he is super photogenic but I still liked having the picture picking control. I will just have to get used to it I guess :)

Zane just finished his first session of swimming lessons. He is doing pretty well but I can tell that we will be in this class for quite some time. He doesn't seem to want to actually do the activities as much as he wants to hang out and play with the teacher. That is fine for now. I know it is all a learning process and if I think about it Andrew was quite a bit older when he first started lessons because the pool had a fire and they had to cancel lessons the first session I had signed him up for. Also it has been so cute to see Zane be his own person. I get so used to seeing him in the light of being a middle child that I sometimes forget exactly who he is and what he is into. He is so cute talking to the other kids in his class and his teacher. So sweet, he just melts my heart with his cute little personality. Zane has also been super cute at home too. He has such a wonderful imagination and he loves to play using it. Last night he was dragging a laundry basket around the house and telling me that he was going to Haagen. Then he went into the kitchen, pulled off some magnets from the fridge like they were his groceries and brought them back out to me so we could have a snack. It was just too much fun.

Lucy just got another tooth. Here I was all set for her other snaggletooth to come in because it has looked swollen forever but nope. It was one of her middle teeth that came in. So now she has both top teeth on her right side and nothing on the left. It is quite the attractive look let me tell you. She is also getting so good with standing and cruising. I know I will be in trouble soon. Tonight she was playing with the boys for the first time. She would grab onto the back of the riding Tonka truck that we have, while one of the boys was riding it. She would stand up on her feet and try and walk behind it while they were riding. Obviously she fell a whole lot because they went way too fast for her to keep up but everyone was giggling and having a great time. Very cool in my opinion. Although I did have a moment of dread thinking of all the trouble she is going to be getting into in the near future. It is frightening for sure.

Anyway, I think that is all that has been going on. We have just been so stinking busy and I never seem to find the long amount of time to type that I need to put a post together. Either that or I tell myself I will do it in the evening and then by the time evening rolls around I have totally forgotten what I was planning to blog in the first place.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love kids school pictures. You sometimes end up with some real doozies! Especially because no one checks if they combed their hair, wiped their nose etc. I hope Andrew's turn out great! I want to see a picture of Lucy's lopsided mouth, it sounds very strange! She sounds like she will be walking in a month at the most!