Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Two Fish

We have been making great strides in our swimming lessons the last few weeks. Zane for one of the first times actually put his head back into the water while he was supposed to be back floating. His teacher this session, Miss Hannah, is wonderful and it is nice that he trusts her. Zane has some serious trust issues when it comes to things he feels nervous about. It takes him several sessions to get comfortable with anyone especially in the water. He seems sure they are going to let his head go under. I have been happier with his teacher this time. He had a different instructor last session and she never seemed to be fully paying attention to the kids. She was always looking outside of the pool at what else was going on. Hannah has her focus on the kids and it certainly makes me feel more secure having Zane in the water without me!

Andrew is turning into an absolute fish. This level is requires much more work out of the kids and harder stuff. It will be a long time before he passes it I am sure. But he seems to be enjoying himself immensely and that it ultimately the point. Right now they are working on the crawl stroke, the butterfly and the breast stroke legs (I have yet to see the arms). It looks like lots of fun. I asked him how he like the butterfly and he said "its a lot of work." I am sure it is but I love that he is willing to keep at it!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I LOVE that picture of Andrew! Excellent shot, I wish that pool wasn't such a dark place though.