Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Sleep for Me!


So Miss Lucy Fern is cutting teeth. At least that is what I am hoping the problem is. Last night she woke up at 11:30. I gave her some tylenol, nursed her and put her back into bed. About 12:15 she starts crying again. I decide to let her tough it out. She kept at it and never simmered down. I finally got her and brought her to bed with me. She fell asleep on my chest around 1 and stayed in bed with me for the rest of the night. I don't generally do this but I was pretty desperate for some sleep myself by this time. In fact we had a first at our house last night. Eric got home for work at 4:30 and tried to get into bed. Lucy and I were sprawled all over it and he asked if I wanted him to put her in bed. I told him no! So he went and slept in the other bedroom. I can tell you right now that has never happened. He always crams into bed and then complains. I think he must have been super tired or something. All I know is Eric never lets the kids sleep with me so he must have sensed that it had been a rough night. I really hope that tooth comes in soon because I need more sleep than that to function!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I feel your pain! I hope they break through soon, and everyone gets some sleep.